GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Need to update map data base, q4 x11-15302, just started

Customer Question

need to update map data base
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: q4 x11-15302
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just started having message to update. dont know how to trouble shoot
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: unit is approx 8 to 10 years old
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you with this. upgrades are available through the purchase of an SD card directly from the company. You will need to visit Nextar.com to order the USA and Canada Maps Update. You will need the model number (which you've already provided - q4 x11-15302) and serial number (for certain models) to find the compatible card. You can usually find the serial number of your Nextar GPS by looking on the back of the unit or on the box it came in. Check the overview description to see which SD card lists your GPS model number and serial number and order the matching card.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.