Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

When I'm travelling some distance I get a yellow band down

Customer Question

When I'm travelling some distance I get a yellow band down one side with 2 images included. One looks like a ship in full sail & the other a pencil. There is also 3 rings. Sometimes is happens 3 or 4 times a minute & other times once every 5 or 6 minites. What is it & how do I stop it.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: The latest garmin & is about 4 months old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It is just a normal direction then this comes up. It only happens when I chart a direction & not around town
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can't see where I can eradicite it. the advice on the internet list is of no use
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've made 2 requests about this problem with no response &on e on facebook also with no response. It is damn annoying.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the make and Full model # of your GPS system?

Also its approx age?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a Garmin nuvi 50lmt. It's about 6 months old
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You have charged my bankcard $48 for nothing. I have advised you I wanted this matter cancelled & I would appreciate your refeunding me this amount or at least the $43. Please do not charge my bankcard again.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will you agree to refunding me at least the $43
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You claim 100% satisfaction guaranteed. i'm not satisfied. I'll tolerte the annoying problem & later on get a Tom Tom instead.