GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I have a garmin that I purchased in 2012 and I need to

Customer Question

I have a garmin that I purchased in 2012 and I need to update it. How do I do that
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Nuvi 265W serial # 21D315077
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I dont' understand?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have had a lot of construction in our area and I figured I needed to updat it
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** would be my pleasure to help you with this.

To update your Garmin Nuvi, you will need to use the data cable that came with your device. After you have connected the Garmin Nuvi to your computer, please click the link below to download and install Garmin Express (a free program)

http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

After the program has been downloaded and installed, you should see the option in the program to update the unit.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.