Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How do I update my Garmin with the latest data? Where would

Customer Question

How do I update my Garmin with the latest data?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Where would I find that info?
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: NOthing, I just think we need to update the maps.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried ny touble shooting. I just connected it to my computer. I have Windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.

Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.

Try that first. Let me know how it goes, please. As needed, if needed, I will advise you further.