Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

After using my Garmin Forerunner 410 for many years, I

Customer Question

After using my Garmin Forerunner 410 for many years, I started having a problem with downloading the data from the watch to Garmin Express. Even though my ANT stick was connected to a USB port (and I've tried all of the USB ports), I would get the message ANT STICK NOT CONNECTED. This message and a ANT STICK CONNECTED message would come and go. Thinking that my ANT stick was old, I purchased a new one. I am having the same problem with this, and although the watch comes up with the message DATA TRANSFER COMPLETED, when I go to Garmin Connect, there is no data since two weeks ago when I first had this problem. Any ideas what could be the problem? My Forerunner is my lifeline.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Garmin Forerunner 410
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has always worked perfectly.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I said, I've replaced the ANT stick - rebooted and that's about all. I thought it was a Stick problem, but could it be the watch?
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Offhand it would sound like either the Garmin needs to be reset or that it's software is corrupt (requiring repairs/replacement of the unit).

Offhand if you have not tried this already, please perform a soft reset of the Garmin, TEST it and if that does not work, then try a Hard Reset as outlined in the VIDEOS at the link below:

http://avoidingchores.com/garmin-forerunner-405-410-soft-reset-when-it-is-dead-resetting/

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please reply back with the results after performing the tests and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?