Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

How do I update my software into my computer? I just found

Customer Question

How do I update my software into my computer? I just found my device--Nuvi 1490,
after thinking I lost it.
In the box, in addition to the device and connecting cable is a little black and red disk.
What is that for?
I have Windows 7 OS
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To do this, you need to on your computer download Garmin Express which you can get from my link below

http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Once installed, you open the program, then connect the GPS unit to your computer via the cable.

Then via the program you can then install the updates.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I clicked on the link to download the software applicator for my GPS Nuvi 1090 and nothing happens. I have Firefox and then tried Explorer, Still haven't downloaded it Need phone help.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

When you clicked the link it will have started to download the file, you need to run this downloaded file

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In going to your given link for me to activate, it keeps defaulting to Firefox which the message says is incompatible. I switch over to Explorer and It still defaults back to Firefox. I going around in circles. How can I get Explorer to work? Why doesn't Firefox work?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there,

It depends on which browser you have set as default, though the website works in Firefox as well as appears to be other issues on your computer

But open Explorer then enter in the site

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

thanks