Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

The switch on the side of the garman will not turn the

Customer Question

The switch on the side of the garman will not turn the device on or off all of a sudden. After using it this afternoon I had to plug it in to shut it off. Any quick fixes?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It is a Garman Approach 6>
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I tried to turn it on when I went golfing this afternoon. It took several attempts to get to turn on and would not turn off when I finished the round. I brought it home and plugged it in to turn it off on the screen.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing...I'm not sure where to begin.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have had it for 2+ years and have had no other problems.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Over time, the switch on the side of your Garmin Approach can wear out, and it will need to be replaced.

You can return it to Garmin to have the switch replaced, or you can have a local electronics repairer replace it for you.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/repair.jsp

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This response is not worth the $34 charge. I knew the issue was in the switch. However, I am surprised that it went out all at once without any warning signs. Since sending my question I have figured out that I can by-pass the on/off switch by using the charging feature.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

You choose how much you wish to pay when you ask your question.

Please let me know what further assistance you require from me and I'll be happy to help?

Pete.