Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

Moisture has condensed in my garmin s 1 approach. It went

Customer Question

Moisture has condensed in my garmin s 1 approach. It went blank and will not charge
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Don't know model number. Bought it on Amazon about 2 years ago
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I noticed moisture under the dial last Saturday. Didn't seem to affect performance. It charged. Used it again yesterday. After 9 holes it went blank. Seems to have more moisture than it did last week. Very warm and humid in North La.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to charge it. When the moisture appeared last Saturday tried to evaporate the moisture with a hair dryer to no avail.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can it be repaired? Where? Cost?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Hold the power button for 60 seconds.

Release, then try to turn on the S1.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing happens
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not want to switch to a call. I simply want to know if it can be repaired. Where? And cost?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** offers the call option which you can ignore.

It is likely the seal broken which allowed moisture in and then shorted out the battery.

You can have any watch repair center fix this for you, it is cheaper then a repair direct from Garmin.

Take it into any store that provides watch battery replacements, they can then replace the battery and apply a new seal for the watch to keep out the moisture.

If you do not know of a store near you, provide me your details and I can locate one.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

you're welcome

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you