Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a new garmin rhino 650 battery and it doesn't start

Customer Question

I have a new garmin rhino 650 battery and it doesn't start my machine, it works with the 4 double aa's but not the NiCad, it works in my buddies unit but not mine, what am I doing wrong?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 650 five years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the battery wouldn't take a charge do I bought a new battery and charger
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: all of them, the battery charges in my friends unit and turns his unit on, but mine will only come on under double a battery pack
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Have you checked the source that you are using to charge the device? It may be faulty. It sounds like the device has an internal issue where it is not charging your battery. After charging the ni-cad batteries in your friends device, have you placed them back in yours to see if the device would turn on?