Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.
If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.
2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)
3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.
Have you updated the maps?
And if so, which site are you using?
You will need to do that before it will work properly in North Dakota;-)
here are two sites, the first one is the site where you can get the updates, the second is good instructions on doing this no matter which site you use.
In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.
Please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a great day!
Hi you can call them as well:
Monday–Thursday: 8 AM–6 PM, Friday 8 AM–5 PM Central Time (closed holidays)
U.S. toll-free: 1-***-***-****
Have a great day!
Please rate kind so I can close this for us, once you do rate, you will still have access to me for free for 30 days;-)
Hi, yes, you may be better off just buying a new GOS in North Dakota, if you dont understand how to do the updates. But its always god to update your maps because roads change, new ones are added, also if you pick up a new GPS, it will have way more features than the one you have and for less money than that one cost years a go;-)
Best Buy is the place to go for that;-)
Please remember to rate kindly, and also if you have further questions I am here for you no additional cost for this.
Different expert here. Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.
If you still need help with this question, may I ask:
1) When you say "Now I need to go to North Dakota and it does not allow me to search.", can you give me a little more DETAIL about what is happening?
That is, when you TRY to search for cities in other states, what happens on the device? Does it ONLY list cities in NC, or does something else happen?
2) Can you find cities in NEIGHBORING states - such as Atlanta, GA?
3) Is your Nuvi 1490 and "LM" model - that comes with "Lifetime Map" updates?
I look forward to your response.
Thanks, ***** *****