Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

We have a Garmin StreetPilot 2610/2650. It no longer will

Customer Question

Good morning,
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: We have a Garmin StreetPilot 2610/2650. It no longer will pick up a satellite signal making in unusable. Do you have any idea what may be the problem?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The exact model has a serial number 53974183. There is a copyright date of 2004 in the manual. Does this help?
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing special. We were trying to use it in the car during a trip. It had been charged in the house before we left. The first time we received the message it was overcast and rainy. We thought the satellite signal was blocked by the clouds. However, the next time the weather was clear.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have recharged and rebooted by unplugging and reloading.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are trying to determine if this unit needs to be replaced or just software updated. Help would be appreciated. Thanks
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the unit and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the garmin and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you