Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

When i try to run my new Nuvi get a warning that says i

Customer Question

when i try to run my new Nuvi get a warning that says i don't have access to this path??and i can't continue
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 13 days ago.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, what is the exact, word for word error message you get?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
windows 8. i've forgotten the exact language but if you look at my question it's close
Expert:  Dustin replied 13 days ago.

Ok, what ill need you to do is download and install a new copy of garmin express

Once installed, restart the computer. Then, start garmin express and when the program is on screen, connect the nuvi and turn on the nuvi.. Will it let you add the device now?

If not, take the error message down it gives you, word for word. Thank you,

Dustin S