Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

When I dropped my Garmin the screen cracked. It still works,

Customer Question

When I dropped my Garmin the screen cracked . It still works, can use
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: the I bought it May 2015, it is an Oregon 600.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I dropped it on the pavement, was mounted on my bike.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none, have no idea how to replace the plastic or glass screen
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

I was looking for the procedure to replace the screen on the Oregon 600, and the "parts" to do the job, but unfortunately is was not able to find the replacement screen for this particular device.

Also, I found the instructions for replacing a screen on an Oregon 450, and I suspect the steps would be similar (Click here to see the Oregon 450 instructions). But without a replacement screen available, I would not recommend taking the 600 apart to do the job.

What I would recommend is that you check to see if repair is available via the Garmin "Out of warranty repair" page, which I have a link to below.

To check if repair is available - and the cost - use the pull-down selector on that page to select your device - to get a quote. If repair IS available, scroll down the page to see the steps needed to be able to have your device repaired.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, *****

(im)