crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

My Garmin 2455 stopped talking to us. How do I fix this?

Customer Question

my Garmin 2455 stopped talking to us. How do I fix this? volume at 60%, muted, turned off.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: are we still connected
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: 2455LMT a few years
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was working fine and then i took it to CA and thats when she stopped talking.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Are you still there
JA: No. I'm the GPS Technician's Assistant.
Customer: is she working on my problem
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: checked the mute button and the volumn control. both ok
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  crash2199 replied 5 months ago.

Hi!

There are 5 possible solutions to your problem. Please follow them in order and go to the next solution if the previous one did not work:

1. Turn the volume up by turning on the Garmin Nuvi. Touch the "Volume" button on the "Where to?" or home screen. Move the slider for the volume up.
  2. Unmute the Garmin Nuvi by touching the "Volume" icon again. Uncheck the "Mute" option.
  3. Make sure the set voice is not the problem. The navigation instructions are provided by a voice.To verify whether or not the set voice is the problem, you must switch the voice. Power on the Nuvi and tap the "Tool" icon. Tap "Settings" in the Tool menu. Tap the "Language" option and tap the language you want. Then select another voice to use. Now go back to the home screen and enter an address into the "Where to?" option. Listen for sound now.
  4. Update the Garmin Nuvi with WebUpdater. Download and install WebUpdater from the Garmin website. Launch WebUpdater on the computer, and connect the Nuvi to the computer with the USB cable. The software will detect the Nuvi and locate all updates for the device. Confirm that you want to update the device when prompted and WebUpdater will download the updates to the Nuvi. Found here: http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp
  5. Reset the Garmin Nuvi. A master reset will restore the Nuvi to its factory configurations and delete all favorites and waypoints that have been added. Power off the Nuvi and unplug it from any power source. Hold your finger down on the bottom right corner of the Nuvi screen, at the same time power the device back on. When asked "Do you really want to erase all user data?," remove your finger from the bottom corner of the screen and tap "Yes." The device will reset and sound should be restored.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.