Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My Garmin 1000 was stolen with my bike last night. Is there

Customer Question

My Garmin 1000 was stolen with my bike last night. Is there a way to track the device with GPS?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The Garmin 1000 was purchased in Colordo Springs, CO in March, 2015, the serial number is *****
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Please explain what you mean.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just discovered the bike and Garmin missing tonight, and I have spent the time until now downloading photos of the thiefs taking the bikes out of our garage on our security camera system. I have been trying to get the police to come and investigate. I just saw online that the 1000 could be tracked, and that is when I contacted you re how to do the tracking.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to activate the tracking for the 1000.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

The Garmin Edge 1000 has the LiveTrack feature, which allows you to share your activity, in real-time.

This feature will only work to track the device if it is turned on and paired with a nearby smartphone.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my phone number is(###) ###-####- call if you can provide relevant information.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you still going to call me?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know if you cannot help with this issue.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

I'm not sure if you saw my previous post -

To clarify, if your phone was linked to the Garmin device and was stolen at the same time, and the app was also running to broadcast the LiveTrack location in real time, then it would be possible to use that information to locate the device.