Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

My golf buddy will not hold a charge, I can charge it for 5

Customer Question

My golf buddy will not hold a charge , I can charge it for 5 to 6 hours and when I get to the golf course it notifies me of low battery around the 13 th hole is there a way to make the charge hold longer .
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: I cannot read the model number it is called Golf Buddy voice and is 2 or three years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Up until the last 4 times I used it , I will charge it for 4 to 5 hours but it runs out by the 13th to 14th hole
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I trouble shoot
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me exactly which model Gold Buddy it is please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Golf Buddy Voice
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thanks

The issue will be the battery and not holding a proper charge anymore, they have an average lifetime of 2 years

You will need to purchase a replacement one and can order this from my link below

https://www.amazon.com/280mAh-YK372731-Battery-Buddy-Finder/dp/B01HDLWDPI

The instructions to actually follow it you can follow below

Please NOTE: Go VERY slowly and carefully during installation process.

1. First note where the buttons on the Golf Buddy are positioned, because they will most likely come off during the replacement process, so you will need to put each one back in the right spot. You can hold them in with a finger to keep them from coming off, but it's tricky.
  2. Remove the screw. Set it aside for replacement.
  3. Next, after removing the screw, use the plastic pry tool to pry around the seam. Don't take the two halves of the case fully apart- open them very carefully like a clamshell, bottom side opening upwards. The screen is attached to the motherboard by a ribbon cable toward the top. If it does become detached, it can be reattached, but it's easier if you leave it plugged in.
  4. Lift the motherboard carefully from the back half of the case. You will see the original battery underneath.
  5. Unplug and remove the original battery. Make sure to unplug it without removing the socket. (Look at the connector of the new battery to see what the plug should look like. That plug unplugs from the socket.)
  6. Plug in and install the new Golf Buddy Voice Battery.
  7. Put the motherboard back into place. Make sure not to crimp the wires.
  8. Close the Golf Buddy back up, making sure not to crimp the screen ribbon cable. Reinstall the buttons if they came loose.
  9. Charge the battery up to full.

PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages problems or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you