Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Nuvui 2797 LM. I cannot find the cord ineed to use

Customer Question

I have a Nuvui 2797 LM. I cannot find the cord ineed to use in my car to charge unit What can i do?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Offhand this occurs because the amperage that the cord is providing is not adequate to keep the Garmin charging at the rate it requires. This is common with many off the shelf charge cables. What you need is an original equipment replacement Garmin Nuvi charge cable. I am pulling up a source where you can purchase this cable now.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

This cable can be purchased at the link below marked down to $6 from $24:

Additionally, while there may be other cables that will work, I would suggest sticking with the original equipment Garmin Nuvi cable as this has adequate amperage to charge the device under normal and high use.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.