Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Purchased golf buddy world platinum over six years ago.

Customer Question

Purchased golf buddy world platinum over six years ago. Worked fine until recently when I powered on received msg. NO SDCARD. Not sure why I am having this problem now.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry to hear of any issue with your device. I have the steps for checking your device below. I have also attached an image of where the microSD card slot is on your device.

GolfBuddy Platinum - what to do if you see the "No SD Card" message.

1) Verify that the SD card is inserted correctly. If needed, REMOVE & REPLACE the SD card.
NOTES:
The SD card slot is on the bottom of the unit, right next to the charging port.
SD card should NOT be sticking out - but needs to be FULLY inserted.

2) If still experiencing issues, please try the "Emergency Reboot" - using a computer (as follows).
2a) Make sure the unit is powered off.
2b) Connect the USB cable to a powered ON computer, without the device being connected.
2c) Hold down the MENU button. WHILE holding the MENU button, connect the unit to the USB cable.
2d) Once the EMERGENCY REBOOT message displays on the screen, release the MENU button but leave the unit connected to the USB cable UNTIL the process is complete.

3) If still experiencing issues: After a Service Request Registration, contact Golf Buddy Support at number listed below.
Golf Buddy Technical Support:
1-***-***-****

Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM Pacific time.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)