Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I bought a new Garmin Nuvi 57 in June. This morning I worked

Customer Question

I bought a new Garmin Nuvi 57 in June. This morning I worked with a Garmin tech specialist over a problem with my newly downloaded Canadian maps. He took control of my computer to solve the problem. Now it won't charge. The screen says"Use the cable that came with the device. That is what I'm using. Can you help? Gene
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Nuvi 57 that I bought in June
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had it plugged into the computer to charge it. The charge seem complete.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I unplugged it from the computer and plugged it back in several times. I turned device on and off.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know why it would say It doesn't recognize the cable that cam with it.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  crash2199 replied 24 days ago.

Did this issue only occur after the tech worked on your computer or did you have this issue before as well?