Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My garmin nuvi2457lmt, comes up with a screen saying because

Customer Question

my garmin nuvi2457lmt, comes up with a screen saying because of the cable i am using,ican't get traffic info. all i'm using is the power cable that came with
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: can ices;3(b)nmb;3(b) s/n3tt002271 approx 2yrs
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: my wife was doodling
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: don't know of any
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Please try to Reset All Settings as outlined on page 13 of the manual below. Let me know if this helps you get traffic info again (keep in mind it will erase your previous addresses and way points so you may want to write them down first):

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/nuvi_24x7_25x7_OM_EN.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.