GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I want to update my garmin, ???4 years, I have number on the

Customer Question

I want to update my garmin
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: ???4 years
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have number on the back###-##-####
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Garmin has not been updated since getting it. When in Colorado months ago it of course took me to addresses that were no longer in service. I was hoping to update before I take a road trip
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Let's begin by connecting your Garmin to your computer using the cable that came with the Garmin. One end will plug into the Garmin device and the other will plug into a usb port on your computer. The next step is downloading and installing Garmin Express on your computer, if you don't already have it. Garmin Express is software that helps you manage your Garmin devices. You can use it to update your maps. please click here (http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html) to access it. When it has been installed, the software should recognize your connected device and you can update your device by following the computer screen.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.