Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Afternoon, I own a Street pilot 340 can I still purchase

Customer Question

Afternoon, I own a Street pilot 340 can I still purchase updated maps etc for this older device?
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Bill
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Garmin Street Pilot 340 can I still purchase updated maps?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing yet, plugged it in this afternoon took off, perfectly, headed to Disney Land next week, though tI should update?
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was on your web site appears I simply need to connect via usb and do the up load?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To e absolutely honest with you, the current map updates available from Garmin are NOT "compatible" with this older unit. This is because of the AGE of the device and the original design - that had/has VERY LIMITED memory available.

Plus the cost of any updates would probably be more (or maybe slightly less) than the cost of a newer model unit. For example, current maps for just the United States are about $60, and all of North America is about $80.

And at the same time, I sure that you could find a unit "on sale" - either locally or online - for less than $100, and perhaps that comes with "lifetime map updates".

As an example, I have a link to Amazon where I did a search for "Nuvi lm" (includes lifetime maps).

http://amzn.to/2dqrv4T

Sorry if this sounds like "bad news", but I will only give you the most honest and direct answer that I can.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about this or other Garmin devices.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)