Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems

I have a Garmin S! with a broken band. The non-clasp segment

Customer Question

I have a Garmin S! with a broken band. The non-clasp segment of the band broke in half where it intersected the clasp. Can it be replaced?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: unit id: (###) ###-####probably 3 years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I played golf with it on Wednesday. The band broke in half on the non-clasp side when I took it off after the round.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It is not a trouble shooting issue. The watch band that holds the watch on my wrist is broken. Otherwise, the watch works fine
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Please do not shoot the messenger but there are no replacement bands for the Approach S1.
The bands on the Approach S1 are not replaceable. The S2 and onwards all have replacement bands, but they did not have this with the first addition sorry.

Depending on the extent of the damage, you can look at using electrician tape which has a plastic backing which makes it quite strong, as this will fix most of the issues with the S1 strap

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.