Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems

I am leaving for Ireland on Sun, be gone for 2 wks and

Customer Question

I am leaving for Ireland on Sun, be gone for 2 wks and renting a car from Avis. I didn't initially schedule a GPS with the car rental. I own a Garmin nuvi 200 and see on line that I can download an ap for Ireland. Will this work for me in Ireland? Do I have to charge the unit before downloading? Will the nuvi 200 with Ireland download allow me to put location coordinatess? How recent is the Ireland app? Thank you
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: nuvi 200.....approximate ?8 yrs old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't understand your question
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I haven't tried to download the Ireland ap for 29.95 because I wasn't sure if my unit and the download were compatible so just asking preliminary questions before proceeding
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Where can I get foolproof download directions so that I don't pay for it and then not be able to accomplish the task
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

The GPS will work in Ireland if it has the map for Ireland. You should have a full charge for the unit before downloading to be safe. The Ireland app is very recent and will have all destinations, it is constantly updates whenever changes occur.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you