MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

I bought this Grand Vitara 3 doors, in december 2014,

Customer Question

Dear Sir , I bought this Grand Vitara 3 doors, in december 2014, everything is fine, but now 3 time, when I put the car ON, the GPS Garmin make a strange noise, and in fact it erase all my data address etc......its the third time its happening, and I wonder what I can do about. Do you think that possible to have a separate switch ON and OFF for the GPS, that I can put it ON only after the car is running? Also do you think its a possibility to change it for a model more performant,I know that now I can have IOS system on it?!
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I think its 2012.........but I look on the notice who came with the car, but I can't find the model Number?!?!
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: a well, oemaly it come with a message saying that I have to agree, but when it erase everything, a grey screen came, and it make a funny noise, then the normal message come, and as soon I agree, all my data are gone, included all the radios station.......
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried ?
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, I'm just upset by the fact that I have now to introduce all my data once more.......and its any way to save them outside the system to reinstall all of them ?!?
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Im sorry to heart that.

With this problem, it is the GPS itself that has fault.

This is one that WILL require technical service in order to fix that problem.

The problem is in the memory IC or RAM IC inside the GPS device and unfortunately nothing like a switch would help this.

That funny sound you hear, is an audible error message telling you there is a problem with the device.

You will need to have this serviced by a dealer, preferably the one you purchased the vehicle from.

If you bought this one used you can use any Suzuki dealer.

I wish I had better news for you on this, I really do.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael