Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a magellan GPS 2000! bought 18 years ago. I left the

Customer Question

I have a magellan GPS 2000 ! bought 18 years ago. I left the batteries
JA: Just to clarify, what's the brand and model of the GPS?
Customer: Magellan
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was about to tell you what my problem is
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I left the batteries in too long and they co
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: coroded messing up the contacts for the batteries question can thin unit be fixed?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Sorry about that computer-generated helper there, I have no control over that.

Now, if I got this correct - you bought this GPS 18 years ago? Also does the unit power up at all in any way?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

There is a replacement battery available for this unit for around $10, and the corrosion can be cleaned up with a mild mix of baking soda and water (this eats and neutralizes the acid making it non-corrosive), and then the contacts (if they are also corroded) can be cleaned with a little rubbing alcohol. If you are looking to do this work yourself, you can purchase the battery at the link below:

http://www.bigupbattery.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=batt-001437&click=2

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you think you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.