Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

My husband plays at Ft Houston, San Antonio. They have two

Customer Question

My husband plays at Ft Sam Houston, San Antonio. They have two courses. His Garmin S2 doesn't have either. His old garmin had a broken strap so I got him this new one, but the old one was better!
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Got it for him early summer, but bc of torn rotator cuff, he hasn't played till now.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: When he finally wore it to play, he couldn't find either course. I don't exactly know that anything happened or that this popped up. Is it supposed to have Ft Sam?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Let me get him
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can he get someone to talk over phone?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: What number can he call?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? Is that an Approach S2?

2) Were the courses you mentioned on the previous device, and if so, what was the previous device?

3) HOW LONG have you been in this area and WHEN did this issue first begin (or was noticed)?

Please use the REPLY box below.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Also, when the device is put into golf mode, are ANY courses found in your current area?

I await your reply here.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I only ask because I did check the Fort Sam Houston courses and they ARE listed as being available on this device. If that is the case, perhaps the device has not been used in a while OR needs to updates - to resolve this issue.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-