Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

Update my device it is a Garmin nuvi 2595lmt, where do I

Customer Question

update my device it is a Garmin nuvi 2595lmt
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: where do I find to model number or model name
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: is the info on the back?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: can you assist me in updating my device?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have my device plugged in to my computer and I am looking for a mapupdate
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I am a novice and 80 years young and need my device to as accurate as possible as we will be driving from south Carolina to nj
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

What you need to do is download Garmin Express from my link below

http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Install it on your computer, then connect the device to the computer and you can perform your updates via the software

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is the answer to my gps question? I did pay the additional amount for the remote assistance nothing happened my money was taken but no support service? John
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Richard, I can not yet rate the service as the service requested was not yet received, as I asked and paid for online tech support and did not receive it even so my account was charged.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi John,

Sorry about the delay, it was 2 days before you replied and I was not online

Within 2 minutes of you posting the question,. I sent a detailed response explaining the answer. It appears you missed this? But you will see it when you scroll up on this web page.

No problem though, I will repeat it below

Let me know please how you go