Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Kenwood dnx9990hd stereo nav system has lost it way. need

Customer Question

kenwood dnx9990hd stereo nav system has lost it way. need update software nd download instructions.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: kenwood DNX9990HD in a 2006 corvette I am second owner so don't know when it was installed.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: accuracy of locations went way off, and it is very slow and inaccurate to boot.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried to use the oem system reboot but it doesn't come back accurate. some 300 ft off when sitting still and worse when moving.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: probably, but I don't know enough to ask the right questions.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

If you want to update that device.. You will have to go to this page

https://kenwood.garmin.com/kenwood/site/viewHeadUnit/12097?updateMediaTypeId=7&modelYear=2012

And follow the instructions.. Its going to t ake a USB or SD card to purchase and transfer the update.

But most likely, you need to follow the steps at the bottom of this page to update the software of the Kenwood DX9990HD first

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4045

So use this link to update the software first.. And once you have done that, you wont have any issues updating the maps afterwords.

Let me know if you get stuck or run into any issues.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.