GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

My nuvi 465 is routing me to i70, from ogden,ut to

Customer Question

My nuvi 465 is routing me to i70, from ogden,ut to rochell,il. Should route me to i80 to i88. Why?
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Good morning Otis. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help.

This could be the result of a navigational setting on the device. A simple adjustment may resolve the issue.

If the device's route preference or calculation mode is set to Shorter Distance, this may cause the device to guide you off of a highway in order to navigate a more direct route. Setting the route preference to Faster Time may also make a difference in how the device calculates a route. Another setting that can be adjusted on the device is the avoidances. If highways or motorways are checked, then the device will avoid them when calculating a route. Your device may also factor in traffic conditions and road construction.

To check your device's navigation settings:

1. Touch Tools
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Navigation
  4. Touch Route Preference
  5. Check settings for each option (
  6. Touch OK
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

For your convenience I have posted a link to the online user manual for your device in the hopes that it will be helpful to you.

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/nuvi_465_OM_EN.pdf

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry. I am unable to offer a phone call at the moment. The offer has been opened to other experts who may be able to accept. I will do my best to help you here if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It didn't work
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry. I will opt out and open the question to other experts in the hopes that they will be able to help. You should receive an alert when another expert picks up the question. Have a great day!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please call me