Steve G., Technician
Experience:  My company does component level repairs for GPS equip.

How to update garmin nuvi 40?

Customer Question

how to update garmin nuvi 40?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Ok, you will need to have Garmin Express running on your computer. If you don't have it, you can download it from HERE.

Install and run it on your PC and then plug in your Nuvi. Garmion Express will pick it up and give you a list of update options including maps and software. Just follow the prompts. Not that it can take about an hour for a full map update,

Please let me know if you need help at any stage of this update. If not, please rate the service you received today (3-5 stars) so that I can be credited with helping. It does not close our dialog together and we can continue at any time.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 month ago.

The link does not seem to have posted. Garmin Express is HERE