Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a Garmin GPS golf watch, I think a S3. This week the

Customer Question

I have a Garmin GPS golf watch, I think a S3. This week the watch started giving inaccurate distances after beginning play. usually the distances are " shorter" in the display than actual. Variances can be 50 or more yards. Is there anything I can do to get it back performing as it had been?
Jesse Henderson
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

We may need to do two steps. But lets start with this one.

o perform a master reset:

1. Power off device
  2. Press and hold Score
  3. Press the Power button
  4. Select Yes when prompted "Clear user data?" (all buttons may be released at this time)

The device should now be reset to default factory settings, and the device should function as expected.

Once the device has been master reset, It should be calculating distances accurately again.. if not, then we will need to connect it to a computer and update its internal software using garmin express. If you get stuck or run into any issues trying to reset or update the watch, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.