Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Garmin 920xt that will no longer turn on. I had

Customer Question

I have a Garmin 920xt that will no longer turn on. I had left it in the low power mode (default watch face visible) for several days while I moved. When I went to go back and use it, it would power on for a few seconds and then die, even when plugged into the charger. Now it won't do anything, plugged into the charger or not.
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Garmin Forerunner 920XT. It's less then a year old. I think I bought it this past January or February.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I left the watch accidentally on and the battery ran all the way down to 0%.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried various ways to perform a hard reset that I have found online, but nothing has worked. I'm afraid there is absolutely no power left in the unit to do a reset, and for some reason it won't take any power from the charger either.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The Garmin Forerunner is, if it is still within 1 year of its purchase date, still within its warranty period.

I advise you, given all the symptoms, to leave the Forerunner on the charger for at least 6 hours continuously, before trying to turn it On again.

If it still fails to stay On or fails to work basically, after that, then you have a Forerunner that is most likely defective within warranty. And should be turned in to Garmin Repair as such, for free under-warranty repair-servicing.

To do this, go to

http://www8.garmin.com/support/repair.jsp

and use the File A Claim link to start the process.

For information about Garmin's warranty if you need it, here is the page for that:

https://www.garmin.com/support/warranty.html

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.