Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your GPS equipment

I have a Garmin nuvi 40 and it decided to freeze on the

Customer Question

Hi I have a Garmin nuvi 40 and it decided to freeze on the start up screen. I haven't had any issues before this nor has it been up-dated for about a year. Would you be able to help me get it to unfreeze?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: my m/n number on the sticker at the bottom is###-##-#### I'm thinking it's at least 3 years old but other than that I'm not sure
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I used it to get to a location, turned it off and went into a restaurant. When I came out to turn it back on it got to the start up screen and stayed there ever since
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't been able to do any yet
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There's nothing else that I know about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

Hopefully this is a software bug. Try connecting the USB cable to your computer, then pressing and holding (or sliding and holding) the power button for 30 seconds. This should force a software reboot. Let me know if it doesn't.