Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems

Have a garmin nuvi 270. Trying to update maps. when

Customer Question

have a garmin nuvi 270. Trying to update maps. when connected via original usb cable to my mac laptop, it displays the icon of 'charging tower' (ie appears connected at the moment) but then immediately turns off. Tried a hard reset. suggestions?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is? Soon. I'm trying to find the right GPS Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Garmin nuvi 270. Software version 5.1. GPS SW version 3.00s Audio version2.2 (just updated garmin express. Its about 8 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turned off and back on, tried different usb ports, different usb cable, did a hard reset.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: restarted computer with unit connected
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This can be an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Nuvi and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Nuvi and connect it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you