Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

Why does the GPS send me in the opposite direction I want to

Customer Question

Why does the GPS send me in the opposite direction I want to go and programmed for? 3 times it told me to go one way,(i.e., south) when I really needed to go north? I bought this Drivesmart 60 specifically for my extensive road trip and when I left the house to go west to CA it tried to send me east.My last use of this unit was in CA (Big Bear to Mammoth). It sent me east into the desert and I was totally lost. It should have sent me west.The unit is charging now. I did plug it into the car and the message said the battery was low but I still got the home screen. Right now I just have a picture of a battery charging. It's been plugged into my computer for over an hour.Can you help me now even though I can't seem to do anything on it myself at this point?
I think it is a very serious problem when it sends me in the wrong direction.Bonnie
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

What you are experiencing has to be a firmware fault or internal software error. How long have you had this unit for?

Also I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.