Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How do I upgrade m Garmn 200 series navigation sustem

Customer Question

Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
HP Windows 10
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Thank you.

Would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My unit is veryold, is it worth trying to upgrade this thing
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

thats debatable. You would have to pay for a map upgrade, the map upgrade will be 79$.

Or, you can purchase a newer unit with unlimited lifetime map upgrades included for 105$ http://amzn.to/2bv7YRI

Personally, I think paying for a new unit with lifetime updates is your best option.. Heres why, if you buy a single map update for your old model, in 2-3 years when you want another update you will have to pay again.

But, if you choose the LM ( lifetime maps ) model I sent you. You will never have to pay for map updates. So for 30$ over the cost of a map update, you will get a new unit and lifetime map updates..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Hello again, I havent heard back from you since you viewed my last response.

Did you still need help with this issue, if so please respond when you can. Otherwise, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating so we can close the question out.

Thank you,

Dustin S