MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

When I change our Garminnuvi to Colorado, It automatically

Customer Question

When I change our Garminnuvi to Colorado, It automatically skips me able to type Denver and opens up to Pritchett, CO or Walsh, Co. I go back to type Denver and no matches found. We have never put in those two cities. We are heading from Indiana to Colorado on Wednesday to visit both children's families there and really would appreciate getting this problem resolved. I stopped at a local Innovative Concepts. The gentleman that looked at it had never seen this so he suggested contacting you. My phone number is(###) ###-####and my name is*****
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 months ago.

Hi Cindy , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

I see that you requested a call from me, the Technician. I can do that if you accept the offer I wil send you now.

Thank you Cindy ;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We are leaving for an appointment so if you feel you can answer our problem with a message, that would be great. My husband is concerned giving our credit card. This is for a one time deal, correct?

Hi Cindy, thats fine I can do it like this ;-)

For this one you will need to update your Garmin's maps.

Its pretty easy if the device is working properly.

The site for that is: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download.jsp

There are other sites, but this is the most reliable.

Also if for any reason the update fails, it would be due to a bad memory IC in your Garmin, but I dont foresee that being an issue;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day Cindy!

Sincerely

Tech Michael