Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

I have a garmin forerunner 25 that was working great for

Customer Question

hi there! I have a garmin forerunner 25 that was working great for months. now the gps won't start and I "reset" the watch and now nothing works! plus garmin express will not run on my pc and the two problems seem related
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: less than a year. garmin forerunner 25 model a02556
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I reset by holding down the run key and down arrow key - it did the two beep thing and now everything is wiped out. so I reentered all my info. but it simply will not pick up the gps
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What error message do you get on the computer when you start Garmin Express without connecting the Forerunner to it yet ?

And, how many months old is the Garmin Forerunner, and do you still have the receipt?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i get "an unexpected error occurred with GArmin express and it had to close. If you continue to experience this contact customer support" I have the receipt but bought in the US in March so not easy to go back to that store.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when I garmin on the internet it connects fine. but I can't seem to send info to my phone from that site unless I use the app garmin express which is not working.

Garmin ought to honor their warranty - it's the date shown on the sales slip that counts, not what store chain or what location you bought it, I think. (Barring some exceptions, such as a model sold in the US but not sold in Canada at all, or some such.)

So the warranty on your Forerunner will be something to fall back on if all else fails.

March wasn't that long ago, so I doubt the battery in the watch has gone bad.

What computer is your Garmin Express not working on? Windows PC? or Apple computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no thanks. did that just cost me $46? I can call customer support of course. I was hoping you'd be able to troubleshoot. I don't really want to spend another $35 to talk....thanks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I uninstalled the software and that did the trick. I wasn't able to update the software without uninstalling the old version. so it works now. this is the kind of info I found by searching online. I hope I am not charged for this or I will be calling in.

I thought that an uninstall and reinstall of the Garmin Express software would be the next thing to try.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at They may be reached at

Thank you for asking your question here at