Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a garmin D2. battery is dead. what should I do? D2.

Customer Question

I have a garmin D2. battery is dead. what should I do?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: D2. software says 2013. 2-3 years old. sat a long time.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: hold in power button >25 sec to reset. works fine on charger.
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no. only want to start using it
Category: GPS
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) How long have you owned the Garmin for, and when did the issue occur?

2) You mentioned the battery is dead- so I'm assuming you've tried plugging it into it's charger for 30 minutes or more to charge it?

Please elaborate and we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, I see that the unit was unused for a period of time and is 2-3 years old. I do need to know, however- how long you tried charging it for?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please connect the Garmin D2 to the charger for 60 full minutes, then remove it. Press and hold the power button for 20 full seconds and release. Let me know if the device powers up.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?