Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems

We need help in updating maps, we have never updated them

Customer Question

We need help in updating maps, we have never updated them before. We have purchased lifetime maps with the GPS. We have two to update, all are Garmin?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: We purchased both 10/28/2013, Model NUV150LM, that is one of them, we do have the model number of the other.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have been using the GPS, and now my area has expanded so we need ot update. This is our first attempt, the GPS does work. Both are the same model NUVI50LM Number on bottom is###-##-#### Sorry for the delay my husband is helping me
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: NO
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To do this you use a program called Garmin Express which you install on your computer.

You install it free from my link below

Once installed, you run the program, then connect your device to the computer via the Data cable that came with it.

The program will detect it and allow you to update it from there.