Steve G., Technician
Experience:  My company does component level repairs for GPS equip.
329447

Pensylvania raised the speed limit on some of its highways

Customer Question

Pensylvania raised the speed limit on some of its highways (I79, I80, PA Tpk) to 70 mph. When will this change be reflected on my nuvi. when I go to the web site, it is up to date.
JA: What model of Nuvi are you using? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Nuvi 52L
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have reset it is about all
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no that's all
Category: GPS
Expert:  Steve G. replied 8 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Garmin issues between 3 and 4 map updates per year for North America. Their map data is provided by a third party called Navteq.

It generally takes between 3 and 6 months for changes to trickle down to the map update that you can download from Garmin.

What you can do to speed things up (maybe) is report the changes to Navteq on their website. That is HERE.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

If not, please consider rating the service you received today using the star ratings.

Thanks you very much.

Steve