GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Where can I purchase battery for RV 760 LMT and have it

Customer Question

Where can I purchase battery for RV 760 LMT and have it install? I'am in Richland Washington. I think the battery is the problem. Screen will only light up for 2-3 seconds
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Unit been in box 2 years.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Plug into car and house.
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help. When you plug it in to charge, do you see any lights or indicator that the device is charging?

Before we assume that the batteries are at fault, let's try to do a factory reset. Sometimes a software glitch causes these kinds of problems and a factory reset may correct that.

Note: A master reset will erase all favorites1 and will restore your device to the default factory settings. If you would like to back up your favorites to your computer, you can find instructions to do so here.

To perform a master reset on a nuvi 2407, 2408, 2507, 2508, 2707, 2708 series, Camper/RV 760, and zumo 590:

1. Start with the device off and unplugged from power
    • To verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, touch and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device
  2. Touch and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
  3. Power the device on
  4. "System" will appear on the screen for approximately 30 seconds
  5. Remove your finger when the screen displays Loading..."

Another option to perform a master reset for these devices:

1. Touch View Map
  2. Touch the Speed icon
  3. Touch and hold the speedometer for approximately 5 seconds
  4. Release your touch when the Diagnostics Page displays
  5. Touch Clear all user data
  6. Touch Yes when prompted to "Erase all user data?"

The device will automatically reset. Follow the on screen prompts to set your locale and then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.

Although the master reset will erase all saved favorites, any loaded custom points of interest will remain intact on the device.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.