Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I/m in possession of a Garmin 92 which will no longer

Customer Question

I/m in possession of a Garmin 92 which will no longer acquire satellites. It has been warning me of low memory battery for more than a couple of years. Could the problem be the battery and if so can batteries for these old units still be found?
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a GPS 92 and I purchased it about 2000
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, sounds good
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

The memory battery will need to be replaced, otherwise it will take the Garmin device much longer to locate satellites as it will not remember its last location.

Replacement batteries are still available, and you can either attempt replacing it yourself, or take/send it to a repairer, e.g. http://www.gpsdoctor.com/

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------