Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.

Update the jeppasen card and the bar in shows waypoints and

Customer Question

Update the jeppasen card and the bar in shows waypoints and such but error says no base data. Jeppasen says it is a bar in issue that the update wouldn't effect the base map data. Any support to correct?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi Kevin,
My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have a garmin530 Wass we updated the Jeppesen card per our 28 day update cycle. After the required update, the updates showed but the bar in is reading the error that there is no base data. Which I I believe there is something with the internal map data within the Harmon itself. This is used in an aircraft and the base map data is needed. The subscription is up to date. Is there anyway to retrieve the base map data? We have tried rebooting and are troubleshooting per the manual. Harmon is not open so I am trying this to see if there is something we are missing to do.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Ok, it seems the base map data has gotten corrupted somehow.

If you have a backup of the device files, you can simply copy those back onto the device again.

If not, you can try a system reset - holding down CLEAR during power-up will reset everything to factory defaults, however it will also wipe out all your customizations, flight plans, etc.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?