GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

How can i update my garmin gps, this is 2 years old, it is

Customer Question

how can i update my garmin gps
JA: What is the exact model of your Garmin? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: this is 2 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it is nuvi #3882645487
JA: The GPS expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: thats everything. thanks
Category: GPS
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. My name is*****'d be happy to help you with this. Here are the steps that you'll need to use to update your Garmin Nuvi.

Turn your device on, and connect it to your computer with a USB cable.

Or, if your device came with an ANT Stick, turn your device on, and plug the ANT Stick into your computer's USB port.

Download Garmin Express and install it on your computer.

Open the Garmin Express application and follow the prompts to set up and register your device.

Now, you'll use Garmin Express to install your device updates.

You'll find download links here -

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.