Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Purchased magellan roadmate 9055-lm GPS with lifetime

Customer Question

purchased magellan roadmate 9055-lm GPS with lifetime updates.
Now Magellan site indicates charge for updates/maps.
How to update?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Have you already registered the Roadmate with magellan> I ask because Ive seen this issue before and it has one of two causes. Either A, you didnt register the roadmate therefore its not offering the free update.

Or , when you registered the roadmate the magellan system didnt add the Lifetime updates to the magellan account you have. Each problem has a different potential fix.

If you didnt register the magellan, then create a magellan account and then register the roadmate to that account. Your lifetime updates should then show up in smartgpseco

If not, then you will need to call magellan and tell them simply, My Roadmate LM model isnt showing lifetime updates inside the smartgpseco website. They will try a few simple steps and then realize that they need to check the serial number on your device, and then authorize the account and device for lifetime updates. ( once thats done, you wont have to go through that procedure again)

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.