Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a Nuvi 275 with maps for No. America and Europe. I'm

Customer Question

I have a Nuvi 275 with maps for No. America and Europe. I'm trying to pre-load some addresses prior to a trip to Whistler, CA, but can't get to right province in my Garmin. I've entered "where to" then go to "address" enter Canada, and it automatically defaults to Ontario. My only options are "spell city", "spell postal code" or "search all" none of which work since I'm in the wrong province.
How do I get it to switch to British Columbia so that I can enter proper city and address?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the Model Number of the device you are working with?

2) The AGE of the device?

3) Can you "browse the map" and see BC and/or Washington state (on the View Map screen)?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I only ask because I didn't see any response back from my original questions. Looking at your question again, may I ask if you have try using the "Near..." feature - when looking for an address or perhaps a point of interest NEAR a city in BC?

For example, if you want to search NEAR "Vancouver" (BC) but you are in the central US, you can touch Where to?, then Near ..., and then use the "A Different City" to select "Vancouver" (BC), which SHOULD cause your search results to be CENTERED around that city.

Does that make sense?

NOTE: I have attached an image that shows the different NEAR choices that can be made.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)