Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years

What is the most reliable GPS location detector for cars?

Customer Question

What is the most reliable GPS location detector for cars ?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I assume you mean 'reliable' in 'free from breakage and failure', rather than 'providing accurate locations all the time' ?

...But I'd rather wait to hear what reliability factor is most important to you, before answering, if you don't mind just giving me a little more info, by the Reply To Expert function, please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I meant reliability in term of how specific the GPS will be , I'm asking this question for a business query as I want to be a reseller

I think it's safe to say that the Garmin Nuvi line has very good reviews.

(Also, Garmin Nuvi products are rather easier to 'treat' [i.e. procedures less than repair, for faults] than other lines of GPS such as Magellan, TomTom, Mio, etc.)

Do you need more specific information?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your reply , but I think you misunderstood me , I was asking about GPS tracker that you connect to your car for remote localisation

A tracker, in other words.

I actually met and talked to an entrepreneur developing automotive trackers, but my overall knowledge of them in the entire field is not extensive.

So I feel it's best that I open this case to other Experts, one of whom might have broader (even if less close) acquaintance with the field of tracker devices. I have Opted Out, opening this case to other Experts in this category.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your fast replies