MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

I have an old Garmin StreetPilot c550 (S/N *119257827* -

Customer Question

I have an old Garmin StreetPilot c550 (S/N *119257827* - other markings are E11 and 1OR-023484). We are planning a trip to Portugal and I would like to know if the unit can be updated to provide turn-by-turn voice directions in English?
Where can I obtain such software, roughly how much does it cost and where can I find instructions?
Thank you.
W. Edwin Jarmain
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 10 months ago.

Hi Edwin good morning. The best place for that is this site, but I have included their # for you as well, its much easier if you call them;-)

http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

Monday–Thursday: 8 AM–6 PM, Friday 8 AM–5 PM Central Time (closed holidays)U.S.:(###) ###-####/p>U.S. toll-free: 1-***-***-****Canada: 1-***-***-****In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service kindly.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you Edwin and have a great trip!SincerelyTech Michael